Tuesday 14 September 2010

Questionnaire - Research

Primary Research

I created a questionnaire that targets both readers/non readers of local newspapers. I asked questions about what people would like to see inside local newspapers. I asked question about the reader such as what are the hobbies and interest this would give me a more idea of what my target audience like These questions would help me construct a local newspaper suitable for my target.

I will give my questionnaires out to my target audience, which is college students. Both male and female aged 16-19. Once I have received back the completed questionnaires I will collect the answers together. This will then help me start putting ideas together for my newspaper.

My questionnaire:

1. How old are you?

_______________

2. Gender (please circle):

Male Female

3. How do you spend your free time?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

4. How do you receive news updates? (tick all that apply)

Newspaper

Internet

TV

Phone alerts

Radio

Other___________________

5. What do you access news for? (tick all that apply)

News

Events

Spots

Music

Celebrity gossip

Other__________________

6. Do you read local newspapers?

Yes No

7. If so, how often and what local newspaper(s) do you read?

Daily once a week Other__________

The Echo Knowsley Challenge Metro Merseymart Other____________

8. If not, why don’t you read local newspapers?

Price

Content

Other__________________

9. How much would you be willing to pay for a new local newspaper?

Free 10-20p 20-40p 40-60p

10. Where would you like a new local newspaper to be distributed?

College

Shop

Home

11. What do you think is missing from local newspapers?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment