Thursday 2 December 2010

Ideas For My Newspaper Poster Advert

The poster to advertise the Knowsley Today has to be attractive standing out for other poster catching the readers eye meaning it has to appeal to my target audience of students.

The poster will have to be:

  • College and student related
  • Bright colours, make the poster colourful
  • I think the poster should be simple but effective
  • Will have to include the newspaper logo which will be the masthead so it can be recognised.
  • related to newspaper content
  • State the paper is free
  • Attract and appeal to target audience students
After researching different newspaper and the way their newspaper is advertised through posters, I liked the metro adverts most these appeal to me more.

Ideas for my advertising posters

First Idea:

My first idea for advertisement poster for my newspaper is to be similar to the metro adverts where the newspaper is positions in different hot items, coffee cup and paper bag. Using a technique similar to this I think it will be effective for my newspaper that is distributed in college. I can take pictures of my newspaper in different everyday college items. Such as folder, books, bags, computer, pens case, in the canteen and other places or items that students at college can relate to. I think that style of poster will be effective and appeal to my target audience, as I am my target audience and this appeals to me. Another idea within in this was to have 3 images of in college items or location on the same poster. I could use different effects and tool on photoshop to make the newspaper stand out in the image. One effect I could use if making everything in the image black and white and just the Knowsley Today front page in colour.

Second Idea:

Would to make the poster simple, having one main image of students around college, representing the target audience. I would then position the logo/masthead of the newspaper having it bug bold standing out so people can recognize it. This style is similar to The Times newspaper having one image and the logo.

Third Idea:

Is to create a 'Wanted Poster' the idea of saying that my newspaper is wanted by all students and that it is an reward for those that read it. This will make my poster advert comical.

No comments:

Post a Comment